Quote with 2 notes
A brand is a living entity - and it is enriched or undermined cumulatively over time, the product of a thousand small gestures
Post with 4 notes
1. Forget about job hunting. Change that to,
- marketing yourself
- Personal branding
- building yourself like a product
2. Find the tools to help you do that,
- LinkedIn (must have)
- personal resume website
- personal blog
- Careerbuilder (must have)
3. Identify your abilities
- what do you love to do
- what do you do best. High level capabilities
- what are your low level skills
4. How would you define yourself to a stranger? This is your elevator pitch.
5. List of all your contacts
- best contacts for referrals
- next best
- and so on
- build a robust profile
- connect with the contacts you listed. Search for them and connect.
- get recommendations from your best contacts
- connect with groups. Be diverse, not just the ones that are a perfect fit.
- connect with recruiters as much as you can
7. Focus on contract work first. Easier to get but what you can do is
convince the employer to do Contract to Hire in 3 or 6 months
8. All about networking. Do that constantly.
That’s it. Good luck!